DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee Promo Code & Review
DraftKings was among the first sportsbooks to launch in Tennessee, when legal online sports betting launched in the state on Nov. 1, 2020.
The operator made a name for itself on the national scene as a daily fantasy sports provider. Now, DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the top sports betting apps on the market.
This DraftKings Tennessee review will help get you set up with the online sportsbook. We cover everything from downloading the app (which is available for Apple and Android), getting signed up and making sure you know all about DraftKings’ promos for first-time customers (up to $1,050), to what sports you can bet on and how to deposit and cash out at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Check out everything DraftKings has to offer, and make sure you use our links to ensure you are eligible for up to $1,050 in bonuses when creating your account.
DraftKings bonus: Up to $1,050 value
When you get started with DraftKings Sportsbook, you’ll receive a $50 free bet with a minimum $5 deposit. After that, you have the opportunity to get another $1,000 worth of freebies based on your initial deposit. Let’s break down both bonuses separately so they’re easier to understand.
- $50 free bet: Just for signing up with DraftKings and making a minimum $5 deposit, you will get a $50 free bet to use anywhere on the site. All you have to do is follow our links for downloading the app for Android and iOS devices.
- 20% deposit match up to $1,000: The second DraftKings Sportsbook bonus is the 20% deposit match up to $1,000 on your first deposit.
Overall, these bonuses that DraftKings is offering new Tennessee bettors are a strong pair that should be able to get your bankroll off to a strong start.
And remember, you do not need a DraftKings promo code or DraftKings bonus code to take advantage of these offers. Just follow our links, and you will be taken care of.
DraftKings Tennessee promo code July 2021
|TN Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook TN|
|DraftKings TN Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Join Bonus||$50 free bet|
|Deposit Bonus||20% initial deposit match up to $1,000|
|Online Since||Nov. 1, 2020 (in Tennessee)|
|Last Update||July 2021|
Regular promos available on the DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee has a number of promotions available regularly, with more and more debuting on the sportsbook app all the time. Let’s check out some of the specials you will see at DraftKings.
- Odds and profit boosts: The DraftKings app has odds boosts and profit boosts of some form every day. For odds boosts, it tweaks lines just a tad in your favor. For example, it might change the odds for the Tennessee Titans to score first and over 7.5 points in the first quarter from +170 to +200. Profit boosts, on the other hand, give you a percentage increase for your bets. You could see something along the lines of all your NFL bets getting a 20% boost during a specific weekend.
- Money-back specials: During NFL season, DraftKings has run first-touchdown specials for select games. For these, if your selected player failed to score the game’s first touchdown, but reached the end zone later in the contest, you would receive your money back, in the form of a free bet, up to $20.
- Guaranteed wins: While we can agree nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, DraftKings has run promos in the past that were the closest thing to it. At the start of the NFL season, for example, it increased the spread for the Kansas City Chiefs’ first game to +100 for Kansas City. The only catch was you could only wager a maximum of $50.
- Free contests: DraftKings also has various free contests you can enter with the chance to win real money. Be warned that these contests usually have hundreds of thousands of entries, so cashing is difficult, but with nothing to lose and cash to win, there’s no reason not to try.
As you can see, DraftKings has tons of promotions available all the time. Be sure to check the ongoing promos, listed at the top of the main page, and check your email for announcements, too. Also, pay attention because most of the promotions require you to opt in. All you have to do is click the opt-in button to do so.
Is DraftKings legal in Tennessee?
DraftKings Sportsbook definitely is legal in Tennessee. It was one of the first sportsbooks to go live in the state on Nov. 1, 2020.
It took a while from when the Tennessee Sports Gaming Act made sports betting legal in the state in May 2019 to sportsbooks actually launching. Tennessee as a whole doesn’t have a lot of legalized gambling, so getting all the logistics figured out took some time.
While online sportsbooks and daily fantasy sports are allowed in the Volunteer State, retail sportsbook are not and do not appear to be forthcoming in the near future.
While Tennessee doesn’t have any rules prohibiting you from betting on Tennessee college teams, it is illegal to place prop bets concerning individual NCAA athletes or any live college prop bets.
How to create a DraftKings account in Tennessee
If you’re new to DraftKings, creating an account should not take more than a few minutes and can be done from anywhere you have an internet connection.
Download and install the DraftKings Sportsbook app
The first thing you will need to do is get the DraftKings app downloaded and installed on your phone or tablet. Both the Android and Apple versions of the app are great and function in identical ways. Follow our links to get either version of the app.
Once you do that, you’ll need to click yes or OK when asked if you trust the source of the download. After the download is complete, you will need to once again reply in the affirmative when asked if you want to install the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
Now that that’s done, open up the app and get to registering.
Register with DraftKings
Once the app is open, click on the “sign up” button. Next you will need to create a username (which cannot be changed), enter your email and create a password.
On the next screen, you will provide your full name, home address, birthdate and the final four digits of your Social Security number. If DraftKings is able to verify your identity, you will be all set. If not, you will need to upload your driver’s license or another form of ID in order to be verified.
More times than not, DraftKings will be able to confirm your identity, and the process will be complete. The only thing left is to make sure you allow DraftKings to track your location because you only are allowed to wager in Tennessee, so your geolocation software must be enabled.
DraftKings Sportsbook app review
You have a couple of ways to access DraftKings in Tennessee. You can do so via the website or app. Both experiences are similar, but for this section we are focusing on the app itself. You will be able to find all the things we discuss below on the DraftKings website, too, but the locations for some of the features might be slightly different.
For starters the DraftKings app is free for both Apple and Android phones and tablets. If you require help getting it downloaded and installed, refer to the section above. Whether you are using an iPad/iPhone or an Android device, your experience will be nearly identical. And with all that said, let’s dig into the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
Once you open the app and get signed in, you’ll see the app’s main page. You’re able to access your account in the top left corner, and in the top right corner you will see your account balance.
Next you’ll see links for the sportsbook, pools, stats hub and the DraftKings daily fantasy site. Below that is a marquee that you can scroll through to see the top offerings that DraftKings has going on at the time.
The quick links will take you to the most popular sports and leagues to bet on, and then below those are more sports and leagues to bet on.
At the bottom of the screen you will see a “promos” tab. Click it to access the DraftKings promos page. Here you are able to view all the promotions going on, including free-to-play contests. There’s a “my rewards” sections where you’ll see all the current offers you have in use. And lastly a “missions” tab. Missions are offers that you must opt in to, and if you complete the mission, you’ll receive the stated reward. For example, it might say, “Place four $20 bets and earn a $5 free bet.”
When you click on your account, you will see a breakdown of your funds, view a link to refer a friend and also view your bonus status and see if you have any new offers. From here you also can change your DraftKings settings, start a withdrawal and go to the help center, among other things.
DraftKings Sportsbook has one of the top apps for iOS and Android in the industry. There’s no question having such a successful daily fantasy sports app for years allowed the company to know what works and what does not, and DraftKings has done a great job getting things right for its sportsbook product.
Best features of the DraftKings Sportsbook app
The DraftKings app in Tennessee has tons of great features, and overall we feel it’s one of the best in the business. It wasn’t easy, but here are our top three favorite features.
Promotions: DraftKings online sportsbook starts you out with bonus offers that can be worth as much as $1,050 right out of the gate. After that, you’ll see offers daily that allow you to win more money and receive refunds for lost bets at times. You’re not always going to be a winner, but DraftKings allows you to get your bankroll started off in a great place, and hopefully you’re able to keep adding to it as you go, and all the promos make that much easier to do.
Stats Hub: We get it; there are tons of places to find stats for all the teams and sports leagues there are, but having to go to multiple sites can also be a pain. DraftKings takes away that pain, thanks to the Stats Hub. Not only does the Stats Hub offer stats and notes about tons of games, but it also has prebuilt parlays. These wagers even include notes as to why each bet makes sense. We especially like the “line moves” tab, where you can see how much the odds of given games have changed since being posted.
Dual sportsbook/DFS: If you like betting on sports, we think there’s a good chance you like playing DFS, too. That’s another great feature of DraftKings: the ability to easily switch between its sportsbook and DFS site. If you’re on the website, it’s just a simple click of the mouse. If you’re using the app, you’ll have to switch back and forth between the two apps, but that’s also extremely easy to do. Not having to have separate accounts is what makes it great.
How could DraftKings Sportsbook improve?
DraftKings is a great place for sports betting in Tennessee, but there definitely still is room to be better. Here is our list of three areas in which the sportsbook could improve.
Start a loyalty program: If you’re a member of the DraftKings DFS site, you’re probably aware of its DK Crowns program. Players earn crowns for how often and how much they wager on daily fantasy contests. Crowns can then be redeemed for free entries or DraftKings swag. Unfortunately, no such program exists for DraftKings Sportsbook users, and we don’t understand why. Yes, there are missions, which allow you to earn free bets, but they are random, and depending on how much you are comfortable wagering might not even apply to you. So, the No. 1 thing we’d love to see DraftKings Sportsbook do is create a rewards program.
Customize notifications: Getting notifications on your phone or tablet used to be exciting. It meant someone was texting you or something big was happening. Unfortunately, DraftKings is now among the apps that notify you about a lot of stuff you probably either already know or don’t care about. We don’t want all notifications to go away, because sometimes we do want to get them, but we would like the ability to choose the types of alerts we receive from the Tennessee sportsbook.
Allow the app to rotate: If you’re the type of person who always uses your iPhone or iPad in the upright position, then this doesn’t apply to you. However, if you’re someone who uses your phone or tablet sideways at times, then you likely will agree with us that not being able to rotate the DraftKings Sportsbook app can me a royal pain at times. We know making changes like this are a headache for app designers, but that doesn’t change the fact that we wish DraftKings worked horizontally.
Types of bets available on DraftKings
You’ll find all the types of bets you would expect to on the DraftKings app. Whether you are a newbie when it comes to sports wagering or just need a little refresher, we have you covered. Here’s a look at all the bet types you can make on the app and examples of how each one works.
- Moneyline: In the simplest terms, moneyline bets are bets on which team you believe will win. The lines associated with them indicate which team is expected to win and how much money you will win if your pick is correct. For example, if the Nashville Predators are playing the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Preds are favored, the line might read: Nashville -200, Chicago +175. This means you would need to bet $200 on Nashville to win, whereas a $100 bet on Chicago would win you $175.
- Spreads: This is a means of handicapping games where points are either added to or subtracted from a team at the end of the game. If you bet on a favorite, it needs to win by a set number of points, while betting on an underdog means it can only lose by a certain amount. If the Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts were playing and the Titans were favored, the line might read: Tennessee -3.5, Indianapolis +3.5. If the final score was Titans 24, Colts 20, then a bet on the Titans would win because they won by more than 3.5 points, while bets on the Colts would lose.
- Over/unders: Also known as totals, here you are betting on the number of points being scored, usually by both teams. Over/unders also can be used for statistical categories and team wins over the course of a season. In this example, we have the Memphis Grizzlies playing the San Antonio Spurs. The over/under could be set at 220.5. All you are doing is betting on whether the total final score will be more or less than 220.5.
- Props: These wagers don’t take the specific outcome of a game into account; instead, props are side bets. If you’re new to online sportsbooks like DraftKings, you might be amazed how many side bets there are. In the NFL, a bet could be on whether Derrick Henry will score a touchdown or whether Ryan Tannehill will throw for a certain number of yards in a game. For NBA games, you’ll see props on whether Ja Morant will put up a triple-double. While in the NHL, you can bet on Filip Forsberg to score a goal or record a hat trick. It’s worth noting that Tennessee does not allow prop bets on college athletes, so you will not be able to make those bets at any sportsbook in the state.
- Futures: These wagers are most often for season-long events, such as which team will win a championship. Or which player will take home the most valuable player award. You can bet on the Grizzlies, Predators or Titans to win a title thanks to DraftKings futures market, for example.
- Parlays: Here we have one of the most popular types of sports bets there is. Parlays require you to combine multiple wagers onto one bet slip, and in order for you to win, all of the bets need to be correct. One of the great things about parlays is you can roll different types of bets together. For example, if it’s December and the NHL, NBA and NFL are all in action, you could create a parlay that has the Titans covering the spread in their game, the over hitting in the Grizzlies game and the Predators winning their game outright. If all three things happen, you’re a winner!
- Live betting: In many ways live betting, also called in game betting, is a creature unto itself because there are so many options. Depending on the event, you might be able to bet on what will happen on the next play or just pick the winner when the game is halfway over, with odds that are constantly changing. For example, maybe you’re watching Nashville SC play an MLS match, and the local team falls behind early, 1-0. You like Nashville’s chances to come back, so you open the DraftKings app and place a moneyline bet. If Nashville rallies to win, so do you. Be diligent because odds are constantly changing.
Sports that you can bet on at DraftKings in Tennessee
When it comes to the sports you can bet on at DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee, all the top sports and leagues are available as well as a lot of others you might want to try your hand at.
Of course, you’ll be able to bet on all Predators, Titans, Grizzlies and Nashville SC games to go along with all NHL, NFL, NBA and MLS events. On top of that, you have Major League Baseball, the PGA Tour, UFC and NASCAR.
If you’re a fan of the Memphis Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores or any of the state’s other Division I college teams, you’re able to bet on their football and men’s basketball games at DraftKings. Obviously NCAA football and NCAA basketball games outside of Tennessee also are there for you.
If international soccer is more your style, you have the English Premier League, UEFA Champions League and Germany’s Bundesliga, just to name a few to pick from. There’s also men’s and women’s tennis and table tennis, which is fairly popular in other markets across the country.
Banking options on the DraftKings app
With retail sportsbooks prohibited in Tennessee, you will need to do all your banking via the DraftKings app or website. That’s not a problem, though, as there are plenty of ways to put money in and take money out of your account. Here’s a guide to how to do both.
How to make a deposit at DraftKings Sportsbook
You can deposit money using a credit card, PayPal, e-check, online bank transfer or Play+ prepaid credit card, or by purchasing a DraftKings gift card.
A minimum deposit of $5 is required, while the maximum deposit allowed is $10,000.
How to make a withdrawal at DraftKings Sportsbook
When it comes to taking money out of your DraftKings account, you have two choices. You can either have the money deposited into your PayPal account, in which case a minimum withdrawal of $1 is required and it will take three to five days to process. Or you can request your money in the form of a check. If you go this route, a minimum withdrawal of $15 is required, and it will take between seven and 14 days.
How to contact DraftKings customer support
If you run into any problems and need to contact the customer support staff at DraftKings, you’ll want to start by clicking on your account in the app.
After that you can scroll down to the help center. Here there are a number of FAQs that you can check out first to see if the solution is there. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Go back to your account and select the contact option. You will need to fill out a form detailing your issue, and DraftKings will contact as soon as possible with an answer.
If you want more immediate help, you can go to the DraftKings website and fill out a form to be contacted by phone. Your only other means of contacting customer support is to email [email protected]
Responsible gambling at DraftKings
As part of DraftKings’ commitment to responsible gambling, it educates team members to help recognize problems, provides info and assistance to its players, and has created programs to increase gambling awareness and help prevent underage gambling.
DraftKings also allows players to set deposit, spending and time limits to allow players the ability to control how much they are able to gamble. You also can choose to exclude yourself from all DraftKings products.
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Tennessee?
We are in the very early chapters of sports betting in Tennessee. If this were a football game, the first quarter would be just a few minutes old, so it’s really not possible to pick an overall No. 1, but we most definitely consider DraftKings one of the top contenders for the title.
There’s a lot to like about what DraftKings Sportsbook brings to the table. From a great app for Android and Apple, to stellar bonus offers and a ton of sports to bet on, there’s not much that DraftKings leaves you wanting for.